Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Is it a BOY or a GIRL?




Recently a very good friend found out she is having baby #2.  So she asked if I could make a "Gender Reveal" cake for her husband's law firm.  Roughly 40 people.  So with this project I have learned that my turn around time has greatly improved, as I basically told her I could have it for her within 48 hours.  Not bad for baking from home and starting from scratch.  I was especially excited about this cake because this was my first "baby" cake, and a very special baby for my friend!



 I decided to tackle the Wilton "Bow" that I learned in class, but hadn't attempted for months.  Much to my suprise, it turned out great, as well as did the fondanting of the cakes.  I still need lots of practice, "fondanting a cake," but for an amateur - I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.


Oh, and the best part............IT'S A BOY!!!  As indicated by the 
blue buttercream filling between the cake layers!

No comments:

Post a Comment