Thursday, May 22, 2014

The "Best of the Best"

Martha Stewart's Best Wedding Cake Bakers In the USSince my passion sparked several months back, to begin my journey on this cake creating frenzy I have been on, I have done quite a bit of research as to what is going on globally in the world of cake baking, crafting, designing, and decorating.  I have found that there is a major concentration of talented cake bakers in Europe.  Specifically the U.K.  Lots of Youtube video tutorials are derived in the UK.  On the flip side, here, across the pond in the US, specifically the midwest, seems to be the least amount of famous cake bakers.....(market opportunity - what?!) This was hilighted this past week, when I caught a facebook post on Martha Stewart weddings, that listed her favorite cake bakers in the United States, broken down by region.  West Coast, East Coast, Midwest and South.  Of course I don't usually get a lot of time during the day to really read anything, I just catch posts, exerpts, headlines, etc.  But last night my husband took the kids on a walk, away from my home, and the first thing I did was dive into my bed, and searched for the cake baker list.  I was so plesantly surprised to find that there wasn't one great baker listed in Michigan.  (The opportunist in me was ready to explode.)  So my mind has been racing with ideas based on the beautiful works of art I saw in the article, and fact that there is a market opportunity here.  So where does that leave me?  Ultra motivated to speed up the learning process, and cram as much information, technique, skill sets, business strategies, and practice into my schedule as possible!  In the meantime, I need to go vacuum. :)  And by the way, Peggy Porschen is currently my idol.

No comments:

Post a Comment